Your car is a valuable investment, and regular maintenance is essential to keeping it running smoothly and safely. By following a regular maintenance schedule, you can help prevent costly repairs down the road.
Here is a comprehensive guide to car maintenance, covering everything from the basics to more advanced tasks.
Basic Car Maintenance
- Check your oil and coolant levels monthly. This is one of the most important things you can do to keep your car running smoothly.
- Check your tire pressure weekly. Tires that are underinflated can cause poor handling and increased fuel consumption.
- Inspect your brakes and tires for wear and tear every month. Worn brakes and tires can be a safety hazard.
- Change your air filter every 12,000 to 15,000 miles. A dirty air filter can restrict airflow to the engine, which can lead to decreased fuel economy and performance.
- Change your oil and filter every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. This is the most important maintenance task for your car.
Advanced Car Maintenance
- Change your spark plugs every 30,000 to 40,000 miles. Worn spark plugs can cause misfires and decreased fuel economy.
- Inspect your belts and hoses every 60,000 miles. Worn belts and hoses can cause leaks and other problems.
- Flush your cooling system every 2 years or 30,000 miles. This will help prevent overheating and other problems.
- Replace your brake fluid every 2 years or 30,000 miles. Brake fluid can become contaminated over time, which can reduce braking performance.
Call to Action
If you have more questions about car maintenance, please give us a call today at Callahan Automotive. We would be happy to help you keep your car running smoothly and safely.